Learning IT

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Learning IT

Post by Skeithex »

I'm not sure if dial up is still a thing, but mobile internet might struggle with it.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there are still many thousands of people who use dial-up, and people who use dial-up may not own a computer which is fast enough to use AI programs, and AI websites which quickly generate text and pictures in AI.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I suppose people out in the country side might, but by now most should have at least DSL.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some people with unreliable electricity may occasionally use dialup if their landline phoneline works during power outages. Some older laptops have a built-in dialup modem, so people can use their laptop's dialup modem during a power outage.

I think a wifi router, wifi adapter, ethernet card, e3thernet cables, and a high speed modem can more quickly drain the battery's electricity on a battery backup UPS surge protector, so dial-up maybe a better choice if you rely on a battery to power your computer which you use e-mails or text chat.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I should test dial-up, since most sites are made for mobile use, I'm curious how that would work with dial-up connections.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Dialup is usually slowest when visiting sites with a lot of images music and videos on the site.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

If a site has a lot of media, dial up will pretty much take a lot longer to load it.