Toy Story 3 Sets New Pixar Record

Share the latest Entertainment news with everyone here!
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Toy Story 3 Sets New Pixar Record

Post by Skeithex »

Pixar's Toy Story 3 bested The Incredibles and Finding Nemo to become the animation giant's biggest opening weekend ever, while the comic book adaptation Jonah Hex couldn't even crack the top five releases at this weekend's box office.

According to Box Office Mojo, Toy Story 3 raked in an estimated $109 million to become the No. 1 film in North America. (The Incredibles opened to $70.5 million in 2004 and Finding Nemo to $70.3 million in 2003.) Toy Story 3 made another $44.8 million overseas for a global opening weekend take of $153.8 million.

The weekend's other wide release, the DC Comics western Jonah Hex, bombed. Not even meeting the studio's meager expectations, the Warners release bowed to a paltry $5.1 million for a woeful 8th place finish.

Last weekend's top movie, The Karate Kid, fell a mere 48% to place second with an estimated $29 million; its total domestic gross to date is $106.3 million. The A-Team was in third place with $13.8 million.

Get Him to The Greek was fourth with $6.1 million, while Shrek Forever After rounded out the top five releases with $5.5 million.

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remained in sixth place with $5.3 million and Killers was seventh with $5.1.

more here

good to know that fans are still supporting the TS series.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Indeed, Toy Story is a great movie series. I enjoyed Toy Story 1-2.
agentmanningctu

Post by agentmanningctu »

I saw #3. I wasn't impressed. But money talks.
lilyran

re

Post by lilyran »

Pixar's Toy Story 3 was great, i like all his cartoon work!

Post by agentmanningctu »

It's too bad. I didn't like the movie. The first was by far the best.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree the first one was the best one I saw, and I also like the second one was good. I still haven't seen the third one.
Wolfy
Weakling

Post by Wolfy »

I haven't seen the movie but I heard it was great!