Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by Skeithex »

Pretty sure with those graphic cards it may just burn out the CPU.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think if the cooling system and a cheap power supply is not good enough, installing a faster video card may cause overheating problems with the CPU and motherboard, and break the power supply which would need to work harder, and may also overheat.

Some of those graphics cards get very hot, and need a lot of electricity from a powerful 500 watt power supply.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

true, which is why something like liquid cooling or lots of quiet cooling fans is needed.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Turning up your home's air conditioner could also work at cooling your computer, but you would use a lot of electricity.

I think having more cooling fans in your room during the summer, and turning off your TV, using curtains on your windows, and using low power wattage lightbulbs can help with keeping your room cooler.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm not really a fan of cold rooms, unless I plan on going to sleep. But it does help, specially in the summer time.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I also don't like cold rooms. But, keeping a room temperature cold is a easy and free way to cool a computer with basic cooling fans which spin slower.