Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by Skeithex »

indeed, it does matter what you do with. As the more you use something, the slower it becomes.
hungthinhphat
Weakling

Post by hungthinhphat »

It will stop. It is a matter of time. The backwardness will be replaced by advanced technology
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

would be nice if all pcs come with at least an i3, I think we're far along enough now that we need that much.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I also wish more computers come with an i3 CPU, but some people may mainly use their PC for using MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint where a cheaper and slower CPU is fast enough for running MS Office, and similar programs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Although I did notice one PC my store sells comes with a pentium gold that has a higher ghz than a i3, what's up with that?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:Although I did notice one PC my store sells comes with a pentium gold that has a higher ghz than a i3, what's up with that?
I think the higher clock speed is attract more buyers. Sometimes if you install a better CPU cooling fan, and use a better motherboard and powersupply, it is possible to set the clock speed faster without overheating and CPU reliability problems.

The Pentium name may still be popular with older adults who are 50 years old or older. Some people are still using a Pentium 4 computer with Windows XP installed on it.

I think Intel still use the Pentium name because people still search for Pentium CPU on search engines, stores, and social networks, or they trust the Pentium name more than i3 because their old Pentium PC lasted over 10 years.

Some people care more about how long lasting a CPU is.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know you can get silver or gold, I guess intel is just trying to make the best of the lower end cpus, though I doubt they put in better fans/motherboards.