Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree mostly techy IT people will do things like use a Raspberry Pi mini PC to make a Universal remote control to control all their devices like TVs, game consoles, home entertainment devices, Blu-Ray players, and Appliances.

I feel things like Smart Speakers/Voice Assistance like Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri and Microsoft Cortana maybe making young people like teens less techy because they can talk to their devices to do tasks like searching the web, and dialing a phone number.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

agreed, way too much talking and hoping things work going on.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Some mobile and web browser games are also very simple where a very young kid can play them. Mobile gamers can also pay real money to make their character very strong to easily beat everyboss, or buy the fastest car in a racing game to eadily win almost every offline single-player races.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Be about the only thing Pentium can run really well is the most basic or mobile game.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Pentium may run many Playstation 2 and Sega Dreamcast game. I think graphics on PS2 and Dreamcast games are more basic because faster video chips, RAM and fast CPUs can cost thousands of dollars in the past, so consoles may have slower parts to keep the price down.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

With a modern day pentium I wouldn't be surprised if it did run PS1 and PS2 games, so long as the PS2 games weren't too heavily graphic running.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think if it is a desktop computer with a seperate pci-express cheaper gaming Nvidia or AMD video card like the Nvidia GTX 750, Pentium may run all PS2 games.