do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel it maybe possible for people to edit old e-mails because they are stored on hard drives and ssds where it is possible to edit files unlike cds, dvds, and vinyl records which can't be edited.

E-mails maybe stored on a database file, so if a hacker hacks the database they maybe able to change e-mails.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I guess that is true, though I would think it be pretty hard to find the email you need to edit/hack.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Most e-mail services has a built-in search engine for finding old e-mails, and text within e-mail messages.

A hacker can use a bot to search for text and images which they want to edit. Some hackers can probably add ransomware links and ransomware programs to all of people's old e-mails, and trick some people into click on ransomware links or get infected by opening an infected e-mail file attachment on an old e-mail.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I forgot they can use bots, but usually that will uptick the activity on the server and make the SSDs run faster.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

The bots can be set to run slower, so they are harder to detect, and avoid upticking the server, and avoid crashing the server on slower e-mail servers.

I think slower running bots are also cheaper to run because the bot run slower, so the bot does not need a fast computer. I think there are some smartphone viruses which are used to DDoS website servers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I guess it depends on the server staff, anyone good at their job should see any increase and be suspicious.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It can take a lot of time to notice suspicous activity. I read a few news stories of websites and servers getting hacked.