do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

Huh, I will have to try and get two different storage PCs together and test that out.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think a SSD will make e-mail clients like Microsoft Outlook feel faster because e-mail clients download all your new e-mails to a storage drive like HDD and SSD, so you can read e-mail offline.

A SSD may make a web browser run faster on a PC with less RAM and slower CPU. I think web browser use virtual RAM/swap file on a ssd ir hdd when there is not enough real RAM to run the program. A SSD runs the virtual ram faster than a hdd.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

most emails don't download unless you want it to, which I find an odd thing to do.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Downloading e-mails for offline reading can be useful for people with unreluable internet connections, and need a file attachment like a document or spreadsheet file to do their work while offline.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Yeah, I guess if done for that then SSDs would be very useful in bringing those up and printing them out or resending them.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel downloading the e-mail and e-mail attachment can be useful for having the original un-edited copy of e-mails and e-mail attachments like document file.

There is always a chance the e-mail company has bad workers who secretly edit your old e-mails with spam links, malware, or change text and data within the e-mail and document or spreadsheet files.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I wouldn't think they be able to edit emails.