do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

it happens more often than we know, which I assume with SSDs that can run smoother they can hide their activity a bit better.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

SSD also don't make noise when reading and writing data, so ssd data reads and write is less noticeable than a loud hard drive. Some fsster hard drives designed for servers make a lot of noise when copying and writing a lot of data, so a worker can unplug the ethernet network csble from a switch/router, and look into why the e-mail server is spinnimg the hard drive a lot after they notice the hard drive are spinning a loyt more than usual.

I feel a lot of people also don't pay attention to the storage drive blinking ligjts, or their case does not habe ligjts, so most people may not know their server or PC is being attack until they look at their network, firewall and antivirus log files.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Honestly, a lot of laptops these days don't really come with blinking hard drive lights, or if they do its very unnoticeable.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think hard drive lights are not found on mini-computers and very cheap desktop PCs as well. Some mini PCs have very small lights for storage drive activity.

I think they don't include hard drive lights to save money, and so it uses less electricity which can be important for poor people who are more likely to buy mini computers to save money on electricity, and on computer hardware.