do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

I suppose if they could use compression they could reduce size of the OS. Or just make Windows 10 S to be more useable.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel Windows 10 can release an update to remove bundled software which few users use, so Windows 10 use less storage space, and run faster on slower mechanical hard drives with less free space. Having less files and programs in Windows 10 can also make file and folder searches faster.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I doubt it, all those apps are paid to be there in hopes of being used. They won't remove them sadly.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there are also now ads in Apps, and those startmenu tile shortcuts, so Microsoft may making a lot of money from ads in Windows 10 and Xbox Dashboard which now has ads.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

that's why I wipe the original OS that is sadly full of ads.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I prefer a clean install of Windows as well. But, I think Windows come pre-installed with bundled apps which contain ads, and users need to manually uninstall them.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I prefer a clean install of Windows as well. But, I think Windows come pre-installed with bundled apps which contain ads, and users need to manually uninstall them.
that can take a couple of hours, easier to stick in a windows 10 usb/cd, completely wipe the pc and reinstall it clean without all the bloatware.