do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I think they still use windows defender, but since server OS really isn't mean for online browsing use, that is most likely more than enough for it.
This is true Windows Defender is probably good enough for server OS. I think some users may install a third-party antivirus without an active virus shield to scan the server once per day if they feel they want to make sure there aren't any viruses in e-mail attachments if it is an e-mail server.
they should have something to scan the email before it even gets open. Though any good server has a good backup plan in constant motion.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I think they still use windows defender, but since server OS really isn't mean for online browsing use, that is most likely more than enough for it.
This is true Windows Defender is probably good enough for server OS. I think some users may install a third-party antivirus without an active virus shield to scan the server once per day if they feel they want to make sure there aren't any viruses in e-mail attachments if it is an e-mail server.
they should have something to scan the email before it even gets open. Though any good server has a good backup plan in constant motion.
Most e-mail clients may scan e-mail attachment for viruses to prevent users from spreading viruses by accident. I think the ISP, web host, and routers online may also have antiivirus programs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've never heard of a ISP having AV on their actual service to scan stuff.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:I've never heard of a ISP having AV on their actual service to scan stuff.
Some ISP provide Norton or McAfee Antivirus to customers as part of their ISP subscription.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Ahh yes they do that, but I've been hearing they been pulling back on that.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:Ahh yes they do that, but I've been hearing they been pulling back on that.
I'm guesing the licensing fees are not very worth it for the ISP because few people actually download and install the antivirus to their PC, Most people who buy a computer made by HP, Dell, and other big brand may already have a subscription of McAfee, Norton, and other antivirus which come with their PC, or a store sold them an AV.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:Ahh yes they do that, but I've been hearing they been pulling back on that.
I'm guesing the licensing fees are not very worth it for the ISP because few people actually download and install the antivirus to their PC, Most people who buy a computer made by HP, Dell, and other big brand may already have a subscription of McAfee, Norton, and other antivirus which come with their PC, or a store sold them an AV.
I've dealt with people who don't get it, most come back with a badly infected PC.