do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

yeah people just don't want to put money into security, can't say I blame them, but if you buy something you got to put money into protecting it or it will cost you more.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some people who got scammed or know someone who got scammed by a fake software maker like a fake antivirus company or fake system utility program are less likely to buy any paid antivirus because they think they will be scammed again by another scammer. Plus, the customer service with some paid software is not good where you need to wait a longtime for someone to help you with a problem.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know there was a huge scare with Kaspersky about a year ago because they were being blamed for secret spyware or something like that.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think tge Kaspersky bad news cause people to not trust antivirus companies as much, and dont know who to trust for good antivirus recommendations.

A lot of people may more likely trust the antivirus which they got from a download link on their ISP website, or a software CD filled with software like antivirus, Adobe flash player, and PDFreader which they got from their ISP after their ISP setup thrir internet.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

it is hard, my subscription for bit defender is coming up and I'm not sure to stick with them or go with someone else.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It would be nice if there are monthly antivirus subscriptions available instead of paying a whole year since sometimes antivirus companies are accused of spying on users or not working good, so users may not want to subscribe after hearing bad news, or experiencing problems with the antivirus.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I rather not pay monthly, just a one time cost and be done with it.