Routers

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Routers

Post by Skeithex »

that goes wtihout saying, but updates can kill a router use as well.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think that some router makers release updates may make the router run faster, or use more router system resources, so the router is more likely to overheat, and damage the router's circuit board and parts after many month of being turned ON.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

yeah its like computers, every update renders the hardware less useful.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I heard Microsoft Windows release a few updates which broke wi-fi, and made people's computers slow and use more storage space.

I dislike how Windows Defender antivirus is bundled with Windows, and it can't easily be ununinstalled like Internet Explorer.

I feel most PC users will use the 30 day trial version of McAfee or Norton which came with their cheap laptop or desktop PC, A copy of an Antivirus like McAfee which they got for free from their ISP, work, or school, or use AVG, Avast, and other free antivirus they found online.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

would be nice if Windows defender guarded a router as that would work, but defender is easily disabled though.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I read online some older routers and modems got hacked, and people got redirected to virus sites.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to find out if a router got hacked and infected with malware.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'd say if you end up getting a lot of viruses it would be the obvious reason. I know when I sell PCs I should recommend new routers as well.