Routers

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Routers

Post by Skeithex »

I'd say if you end up getting a lot of viruses it would be the obvious reason. I know when I sell PCs I should recommend new routers as well.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think network cards and wifi adapters can get hacked where the DNS server can be changed, so people get redirected to a virus infected I.P. address when going to known good websites.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

that's why you got to do more than scan but also refresh all that network stuff as well when you think you've been infected.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Switching to another DNS server instead of using your ISP default DNS for your network card and routers can be a good idea if you suspect your ISP DNS server is infected with malware or viruses, and sending users to dangerous sites. I read online some people's ISP DNS got infected with a virus, and send people to virus infected websites.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

whose to say the dns you change to isn't infected though?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel no one really knows for sure if the DNS server is infected by just using a web browset until someone scans the DNS server for viruses and to look for dns setting changes made by a virus, hackers.

Your antivirus and some web browsets may warns you that you are goung to a dangerous I.P. address when typing in a known good domain address like Google.

There is always a chance that the government, and criminals are secretly infecting a DNS servers to redirect users to install spyware and Malware onto people's computers, or take control of their PC by redirecting people to virus infected websites.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

the bad thing about being infected is you may never know you are infected, I read some hijacks can take over with zero awareness to the user. Frightening stuff.