Routers

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Routers

Post by Skeithex »

so long as the PC is somewhat new, I've had people buy some for aging W7 PCs and they won't work.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel the hardware driver software for cheap wi-fi adapters maybe not as good, and the wi-fi adapters maybe built by poorly trained workers who mess up the wi-fi adapter when building it.

Maybe buying a more affordable used/refurbished PC USB and PCI wi-fi adapter made by a better brand like Netgear or Asus would be better than a new wi-fi adapter made by a lower quality cheaper brand.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I would be very weary of any refurbished tech items, you never know how long they will work or even work out of the box.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:I would be very weary of any refurbished tech items, you never know how long they will work or even work out of the box.
Refurbished tech is cheaper, so you are paying less for something which may not last as long. Sometimes refurbished stuff last long enough for you to feel it is worth the cheap price you paid for it.

I feel buying refurbished tech can be a good idea right now because of the coronavirus since you never know if the newer tech you are buying was assembled by a factory worker in China with the coronavirus sickness.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

you really are better to save up and buy something that is more likely to last longer, than something that won't last as long and just suck up money.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:you really are better to save up and buy something that is more likely to last longer, than something that won't last as long and just suck up money.
I owned some used tech products which last many years until I replace because they become outdated, and slow, or no longer getting software updates.

It can also be fun buying a refurbished tech product, and see how long it could lasts.

Some people enjoy making a deal with the store staff to try to lower the price of a refurbished product.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

If I had the spare money and time, then yeah I would get a refurbish router and see what I could do with it, maybe even break them all down to make a better router.