When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: most infections are from people just clicking random links. I doubt an AI can do much to fix that.
I remember reading a tech blog and news video that there are now fake tech support phone calls which phone random users to install software on their computer, so they may of been trick by a phone call to click on a link with their Windows PC.

I agree AI may not be good enough to stop people from getting tricked by clicking on random links/
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: most infections are from people just clicking random links. I doubt an AI can do much to fix that.
I remember reading a tech blog and news video that there are now fake tech support phone calls which phone random users to install software on their computer, so they may of been trick by a phone call to click on a link with their Windows PC.

I agree AI may not be good enough to stop people from getting tricked by clicking on random links/
that's nothing new, fake apple callers have been doing that for years. My family just got one despite never owning apple.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I remember getting a fake phone call for fixing a Microsoft Windows PC. I think these fake phone calls can trick users who are less awsre of tech support phone scams, and are overly trusting of strangers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I remember getting a fake phone call for fixing a Microsoft Windows PC. I think these fake phone calls can trick users who are less awsre of tech support phone scams, and are overly trusting of strangers.
I'm sure the person on the other end of the phone had very little english speaking skills.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:I remember getting a fake phone call for fixing a Microsoft Windows PC. I think these fake phone calls can trick users who are less awsre of tech support phone scams, and are overly trusting of strangers.
I'm sure the person on the other end of the phone had very little english speaking skills.
He did not sound American or Canadian. His englidh was okay.

Some foreign people have friendly sounding English foreign accents which may make them sound more trusting to some people.

But, I feel some Americans and Canadians now move to other countries where the chance of getting arrested for phone scams is very low, so they can scam computer users for giftcards, and Bitcoin where 1 Bitcoin is worth a lot of money.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:
He did not sound American or Canadian. His englidh was okay.

Some foreign people have friendly sounding English foreign accents which may make them sound more trusting to some people.

But, I feel some Americans and Canadians now move to other countries where the chance of getting arrested for phone scams is very low, so they can scam computer users for giftcards, and Bitcoin where 1 Bitcoin is worth a lot of money.
I still regret not getting into bitcoin, which I have read stories that MS wants to integrate it into windows, maybe the next version?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I still regret not getting into bitcoin, which I have read stories that MS wants to integrate it into windows, maybe the next version?
I feel I would have more money if I bought a some Bitcoins when it was a lot cheaper.

I feel Windows may soon accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies for buying Microsoft surface computers, Windows games and software within Windows and Microsoft Websites and apps.

There are many people which use Bitcoin to pay for stuff because they don't trust their feel their local money will become worth less in value because of government problems. I think MS still want to earn Bitcoin from people who mostly has Bitcoin, and very little real money from their country.