When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Windows 11 will be release when the next generation Xbox console will be release, so the next Xbox will have a more advance operating system for higher video qualitu playing games, and both can get free advertising from Xbox's packaging which may list Windows 11 as the operating system. Windows 11 retail box can also say it is the same OS used in Xbox and Surface PCs and tablets.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by Skeithex »

from what I understand Xbox uses a Windows core system but the rest of it is made up of Hyper-V and if I remember right Windows 10 is here to stay for a long time.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Windows 11 maybe released sooner if there is a sudden slowdown in Windows 10 retail installer license sales, and Windows devices like Surface PCs and Windows tablets have very few sales in the future.

Microsoft may have a backup plan like releasing Windows 11 if Windows 10 is losing many users because of people switching to other operating systems or other devices like Google Chromebook and Linux PCs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

trust me, many people will never abandon windows for something else. The general public has no desire to learn unix or afford an apple product.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think a lot of people are fine with Windows 7and 8.1, so they may not upgrade to Windows 10 until they see a version of Windows they are excited to use.

Using a Linux based operating system like Ubuntu Linux maybe easier for some users who mostly use web brorsers, video playesrs, and word processors. Linux operating system updates rarely are known to break the operating sysyem naking the whole OS broken. Ransomware and virus attacks are not as common in Linux OS like Ubuntu.

I agree Apple computers are too expensive for many users.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I think a lot of people are fine with Windows 7and 8.1, so they may not upgrade to Windows 10 until they see a version of Windows they are excited to use.

Using a Linux based operating system like Ubuntu Linux maybe easier for some users who mostly use web brorsers, video playesrs, and word processors. Linux operating system updates rarely are known to break the operating sysyem naking the whole OS broken. Ransomware and virus attacks are not as common in Linux OS like Ubuntu.

I agree Apple computers are too expensive for many users.
people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.
I did not have a lot of problems with 8 except for the startmenu/startscreen.

It is too bad that Windows 7 will be discontinue, and won't be as usable.

I think some Windows 7 users may try out Ubuntu Linux on their old PC until buying Windows 10.