When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by Skeithex »

it does amaze me how some old pcs come in, had a few come in recently still running xp just fine.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I know some people with a Windows Vista PC with 1GB RAM and an Intel dual-core or quad-core CPU, installed XP on the hard drive instead of Vista. I think most of the Windows XP computers which still are being actively used are from 2005-2010 when it was still possible to easily buy a new ir used Windows XP computer from eBay or a custom computer makers which will install XP instead of Vista on a PC.

Windows XP can run at a on a Pentium 3 single-core CPU and 256MB of RAM, so XP should run very fast on a newer PC designed for Windows Vista with better specs.

Windows XP is also more lightweight, so it may less likely overheat a computer's CPU and RAM using when a more heavy operating system like Vista to run a more heavy software like video and photo editors.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

it does blow my mind in what people bring in, older devices that run on the very basic of today's current tech needs.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there were interesting computers and operating systems in the past. I am surprise that there is Windows XP PRO 64bit which people use more than 4GB of RAM on their PC. The max limit amount of RAM is 128 GB for XP Pro 64bit which is impressive for its time.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

yep, for its time. Now a days that is barely enough to run a few basic programs.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is annoying how much RAM and CPU percentage basic programs use these days.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know, I only have firefox open right now with six tabs and right now using 5 of my 8 gb of memory for it. Be a good focus point for the next windows to optimize everything.