When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree people don't like spending money espiecally on operating systems with voice controls which were not popular with many users like Xbox console gamers who did not buy the Kinect.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

the kinect was a failed machine, something they tried to force on windows os as well.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:the kinect was a failed machine, something they tried to force on windows os as well.
I think some motion PC motion control software makers use the Kinect on Windows to use as a motion and voice controller. But, motion software makers may of use the Kinect to get more gaming blog posts for their motion controller software.

A cheaper HD USB webcam and microphone may of also worked for motion controls, and maybe more reliable as well because USB webcams with mics rarely break in my experience. But, using a USB webcam may not be as exciting to news blogs compared to using the Kinect.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm surprised there isn't pcs with built in motion controls, maybe the next big thing on the next new OS?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there is 3rd party motion controller software for disabled people to use an onscreen keyboard and mouse by using a USB webcam. Using a HD and 4K webcam with a better camera lense may work better than the webcam built into most laptop and desktop monitors.

Operating system makers may risk getting sued for millions of dollars by the 3rd party software maker if the motion tracking software in a OS is similar to 3rd-party motion controller software. The 3rd party motion controller software may cost too much to buy, and may not be worth it to buy if not a lot of people plan to use it.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I think there is 3rd party motion controller software for disabled people to use an onscreen keyboard and mouse by using a USB webcam. Using a HD and 4K webcam with a better camera lense may work better than the webcam built into most laptop and desktop monitors.

Operating system makers may risk getting sued for millions of dollars by the 3rd party software maker if the motion tracking software in a OS is similar to 3rd-party motion controller software. The 3rd party motion controller software may cost too much to buy, and may not be worth it to buy if not a lot of people plan to use it.
Microsoft could easily get past that issue by revamping their kinect motion software, as it would be their own.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Microsoft can re-use Kinect, but I think a lot of people may not to spend more money on the Kinect motion controller which cost $100 or more. A cheaper webcam and 3rd-party motion software is more affordable than a Kinect webcam motion controller. I think some governments, workplaces, and schools may help pay for a computer and motion tracking software for disabled people, but they may not pay more money for a Kinect instead of using a USB webcam.

Microsoft may want to spend more of their time on improving their gaming titles like Halo for Windows, Xbox One, xCloud, and the Microsoft Windows Store. Microsoft may want to make the next big Apps and website which become more popular, and take users away from other non-Microsoft apps and websites.