Warranties

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Warranties

Post by Skeithex »

same, sometimes I've seen bad bloatware programs kill a pc, needing that warranty as well.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think the low quality cooling fans may not spin fast enough to properly cool the heatsink, CPU, motherboard, hard drive and RAM when many bloatware programs are running at the same time, so over time the bloatware programs may cause the PC to break from overheating cause by bloatware running.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've seen a lot of that as well, and I think over heating kills the power port as well.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think the plastic wires, soft/thin metal wires and parts on the power port may break sooner because the plastic becomes softer and crack more easily after the overheating PC cause heat to heat up the power port anf other parts.

The power adapter may break sooner when the PC is over heating when the PC is using a lot of CPU and RAM from bloatware always running in Windows, and using more power.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It's why sometimes getting the warranty is best to cover that, replacing those can be rather hard.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel Desktop Tower PC may become more popular because replacing the power supply and power cable is simpler than replacing power ports on most laptops and tablets. Finding an official power adapter for laptops can be hard if the laptop is older.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

not really, people hate cables and the weight of carrying a desktop around, though they are less likely in needing a warranty.