VM ware

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: VM ware

Post by Skeithex »

I did that for a class and the instructor had us note down how the OS ran, good example of why to never buy a under powered machine.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Underpowered PC can be okay for using web programs like Google Stadia, but you need a fast internet connection.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've read some CPUs have to be programmed these days to handle ultra fast internet.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some slower computers internet feel slower even if the internet is fast. I remember browsing the internet on a slow Raspberry Pi, and most websites are very slow to load.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That's another neat thing about VM software, you can replicate the same settings to see if it has the same issues.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think it is also easier to share VMs with other people who can help solve Operating System problems. I saw some VM which run off a network drive by logging into it with a VM PC program. There are also VM programs which can run off a USB drive.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

yeah a lot of companies will make a sandbox of sorts to test all kinds of things from dangerous emails, what viruses could be doing, ect.