When is it time to upgrade?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When is it time to upgrade?

Post by Skeithex »

specially during these times, my new job our tech guy is trying hard to get stuff ordered, but the company is slashing the tech budget a bit.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, there will not be a computer parts shortage because of the covid lockdowns which can make upgrades like RAM, SSD, and CPUs more expensive to buy.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm pretty sure china is still locked down, so yeah a shortage is coming.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel there may also be release date delays for new hardware, and software because a lot of the tech workers who invent and design new hardware like CPUs and software maybe working from home because of Covid. Working from home can be more difficult because of slow and unreliable internet and random power outages.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

All that and issues with the constant VPN connection, I've read some horror stories on those unable to work because they can't VPN in to their work network.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel a lot of VPNs maybe unreliable and slow from a lot of people using the VPN at once to video chat, and browse video sharing sites like YouTube where some videos are blocked in some countries.

I think VPN problems may get worst from many new "work from home" workers who forget to disconnect from the VPN after wirk, and use their work VPN for non-work tasks like watching online videos which may slow down some VPNs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know their popularity has really skyrocket of late, so more are using them which is making the service not as reliable as it once was.