Best monitor?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Best monitor?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel All-in-one PC makers use more durable glass which is harder to scratch because they know the PC will be used in School, libraries, and in homes with new PC users who are more likely to hit the glass by accident or because they are angry at their PC.

All-in-one PC companies may get fewer buyers if people see a lot of scratch all-in-one pc screens at their workpkace, school, and public places.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

They are made good, I also think it is the most heaviest part of an all in one.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel it maybe cheaper to use a thicker type of glass for the LCD which is similar thickness of glass found on TVs, and windows. Plus, workers are less likely to break the glass screen during installation if it is thicker, so factory and repair workers can work faster because they don't need to be as careful when installing the screen into the case.

I feel the case and power supply can be heavy as well.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Not sure if that's possible, a lot of all in ones double as touch screen.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think the touchscreen sensor is a separate piece of glass with touch sensors, so the touch sensor glass maybe more durable because people will be poking and swiping it.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I have seen some touch screens be dented if you have a long enough finger nail with enough force behind it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I bet, some touchscreen PC makers may make their touchscreen less durable, so they get more repeat buyers from buyers who need to replace a touchscreen PC, but can't afford a more durable and expensive touchscreen PC.