Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think more people may switch to Linux Operating Systems like Ubuntu Linux if most paid software like antivirus, antispyware, antimalware, antiransomware, software firewalls, and VPNs become paid subscriptions where you need to pay $50 or more a year to use some software titles.

At least, Linux OS like Ubuntu Linux and other Linux OS are safer from random virus infections which you can get from clicking on a website link or opening a file which contains a trojan virus.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've never got a virus from clicking on a link, mostly trolled at the most.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I have not got a virus from clicking a link as well, but I almost got a virus from getting an instant message from a stranger when I used Yahoo Instant Messenger. But, Norton Antivirus stopped the virus before it infected my Windows 98 computer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've also almost had that happen, even on discord, I don't click on strange links.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel antivirus and antimalware with a link scanner is useful since it can prevent many infections from links. Sometimes regular links may contain viruses. I read on a blog that malware infected an ISP router or modem, and the malware was sending people to malware sites when they visit regular websites.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Usually, malwarebytes can block any sites if they do load up bad.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think a lot of newer antivirus also have a link scanner plug-in for web browsers, so people can avoid visiting infected websites.