Purchasing parts

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Purchasing parts

Post by Skeithex »

How much time do you put in towards buying technology components?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Purchasing parts

Post by froggyboy604 »

I spend an hour or more researching tech to buy unless there are not many good choices like hard drive brands where there are just a few big brands like Seagate, Western Digital with a longer warranties, and decent reviews from real users.

I don't spend too much money or time on buying computer components because I feel there are sometimes many good choices which are fairly priced, durable, relible, and offer a longer warranty.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Buying parts does take a lot of time, needing to review, watch videos on other's experience and then trying to find some good deals. Many parts cost too much if you simply buy new.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think it is usually best to wait a few month before buying newer tech, so you know if there are many problems with the tech or very few problems after a few months of using the tech.

The price is usually cheaper after a few months as well.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, waiting is best but some people hate to wait. Though I know some who wait for damaged product or slightly used items to get a good deal.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think renting new tech could be a good option if you are not sure if the new tech is good or not. The only problem is that renting can be costly.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Don't think you can rent out parts, never know how wear and tear can affect them or if static shock ruins them.