What do you think the future holds for television?

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
jabuddy
Weakling

What do you think the future holds for television?

Post by jabuddy »

What do you think will happen in the future in terms of television (as we go into the next decade). Question may be vague but that's because I'm interested in everyones opinions. Some questions to consider include, whether reality television die down, will NBC be good again, will the good old fashioned cartoon market still exist or will tweens devour it? and will the sitcom genre be dead by the time this decade ends. Just give me your taughts of what you think the future of television will be like.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: What do you think the future holds for television?

Post by Skeithex »

I think cable stations will be replaced by websites which will have all the shows up as videos that can be watched as soon as you click them.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Television would be mostly reality and independent television created by smaller companies since it is cheaper then hiring big name actors like Tom Cruise, Jay Leno, David Letterman, Jim Carey, and other famous stars.

Most people probably use DVRs to record their television to watch at a latter time if they still watch TV by using Antennae or basic TV.

I think Pay per view, and Premium channels already let you order/rent movies by using the TV Guide program in cable Boxes.

Most TV shows probably also be on YouTube, BlipTV, and other video sites with revenue sharing where the website shares a percentage of the advertising earnings with the content video makers. I think most video makers don't really want to create a website since you need a lot of visitors to get your shows known, and to make some money back with website, so YouTube, BlipTV, Revision3, iTunes, and other online video services which share revenue with show makers are a better choice for most people who just want viewers, but not deal with CMS like WordPress, Joomla, etc, SEO, promotions on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, bandwidth, getting viewers, finding ways to earn money from shows.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

thing is though, I rather watch jay leno then some crappy nobody.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Same for me, but a lot of people like watching reality TV shows, so we might have to subscribe to more expensive channels which can pay Jay Leno in the future if the basic channels can't afford or rather pay cheaper prices for worse shows which a lot of people watch.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I was reading somewhere though that reality tv shows are declining.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Game shows like The Price is Right, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Who wants to be a Millionaire, Deal or No Deal, American Idol, and shows with talented everyday people are still doing well, but the bad shows where they just film people living in a house won't do as well since they're boring, and have bad or no hosts unlike Drew Carey, Regis, etc who have actual fans.