What do you think the future holds for television?

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: What do you think the future holds for television?

Post by Skeithex »

game shows and talk shows should always be around.

But if be nice if channels do become websites and they just put up all new episodes at midnight the next day.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I'm happy with how TV is now, and are not websites since I rarely hear TV channels being hacked, or down for more then a few minutes or days. Plus, if the TV rely on the internet there also be no TV to watch if your ISP is doing maintenance or messed up. Also, updating a TV Web Browser can be annoying since I just want to turn on my TV and it works without need to install updates for my TV.

There is already IPTV for people who want to watch TV on the internet for people who want an alternative from traditional TV by using the internet.

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2XyBD1ego[/BBvideo]

I rather have a choice of Digital Cable, Antannae TV, and IPTV instead of only having website TV.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

But as the internet becomes more and more available and easy to access, so are videos with the shows from tv channels on them. If a person can get any show at any time on the internet, the current tv method will become dead.

TV channels must go to some kind of format where their shows can be accessed at any time.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Cable Companies now sell DVR which let you record TV to its hard drive, or record TV to the cable TV hard drive, and let it be stream back to you from their hard drives. A lot of show makers are also uploading their shows or clips of their shows to YouTube, or their own website like ABC, CBS, and CNN.

iTunes, Amazon, NetFlix, and Hulu Plus are selling streaming and downloadable video this already, so there are already an Internet TV experience.

I think it is best that there are paid and free alternatives for people who prefer schedules, and to record their content on hard drive, blank DVD or CD disc, or VCR rather then streaming it.

A lot of people still rely on Antennae and Basic TV channels for their source of TV and video since it is all they can afford.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Not many want to go to DVR, even though it's amazing. My mom only got it because I got it (due to a package thing with our cable boxes) and she fell in love it. She had to twist her mother's arm to get it and now she loves it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think once people try a DVR, more will want them. The DVR is one of the best things which happen to TV in a long time. But, I agree not many people want to fork out hundreds of dollars for a DVR. Many cable companies where I live are giving away DVR to new or returning costumers to take costumers away from other cable companies..
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I would have been on board the DVR train years ago but it sucks that you have to rent the boxes. I only pay $5 dollars a month for my service but I know tvio is not cheap.