Cable Alternatives

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Cable Alternatives

Post by Skeithex »

Are there any Cable Alternatives you use like apple, amazon, roku, ect?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Cable Alternatives

Post by froggyboy604 »

I usually use free video services like YouTube, Crackle, Dailymotion, etc, and download or torrent anime, and other types of video files.

I also rather save up for a DVD movie disc since at least you can re-sell it when you are bored of the movie, or re-watch it at any time without an internet connection. I can also rip/extract the video files from the DVD disc to watch on my PC, tablet, or laptop.

If I don't subscribe to Cable TV, my internet is slightly more expensive. Plus, I only have 150GB of bandwidth per month before I pay overage fees of $5 for an extra 50GB, so streaming video may make me go over my bandwidth limit every month.

I also watch the local news, sports, and other video which are not available on the internet.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I was looking at ads the other day, a blu-ray player was cheaper than a DVD player granted most come with VCR player as well.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree Blu-Ray players are pretty cheap. But, standalone DVD players cost around $30, so they are also affordable.

But, it probably be a better deal to buy a Blu-Ray player from LG, or Vizio since Blu-Ray can also play DVD movies.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

blu-rays also come with lots of wifi watching features, which most seem to be useless.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think the Netflix, and YouTube App on some Blu-Ray and DVD players can be useful. But, a lot of the apps are not as good as the Android, Roku, and Game console version of the Apps.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

mine comes with an app called Vudu, never heard of it.