Roku

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Roku

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think I will prefer using a mini desktop computer instead of a Roku because I can also play locally stored media files from its internal hard drive, Blu-Ray movie disc, DVDs, or external storage drive like USB drives. A mini PC can also stream from almost all online websites and streaming services.

Newer mini PC usually has a HDMI port, so you can easily connect it to a Big TV if you want to. There are also VGA or DVI to HDMI converters which let you use older Mini PCs on new TVs with HDMI.

Mini PCs are also now getting pretty powerful where you can play newer games like Grand Theft Auto V on low to medium settings, and also play older games like Counter Strike, and console emulators on higher quality video settings.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Most people own PCs and tvs, usually the two don't go together with big screens.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

There are Programs like Kodi/XBMC, and Windows Media Center which makes using PCs easier on a big screen.

There are also Linux operating systems like Kodibuntu which make using a PC easier on a big screen.

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A8vcgZKLW4[/BBvideo]
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

sadly windows media center went under.
Withcerx
Weakling

Post by Withcerx »

Its Pretty good! Especially i like the design. its sexy. U can buy channels and service as your requirement.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Withcerx wrote:Its Pretty good! Especially i like the design. its sexy. U can buy channels and service as your requirement.
I didn't know you could buy channels.