How much longer for TV

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

How much longer for TV

Post by Skeithex »

How much longer do you think people will keep watching tv through a cable box/satellite means?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: How much longer for TV

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Cable TV will still be popular for many years to come because the internet in Canada is not as good as Google Fiber which is great for video streaming. Most people in Canada still have bandwidth limits which are 100GB or less unless you pay more money for more bandwidth, and faster speeds which also cost a lot of money. I don't really see the internet improving in Canada for many years to come because there are no good alternatives like Google Fiber from big companies like Google.

Netflix Canada also does not have as many shows as the American version of Netflix, so watching Netflix in Canada is not as good. I think watching Canadian sports, and local news online is not as good as cable, or there is no streaming version of the sports games because of the expensive licenses to broadcast live sports games which fewer websites can afford to buy a license to broadcast big sports games online. Some local news channels don't stream their news broadcast online for people to watch on their website.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

good points, but I do feel that one day it will fade out and be replaced by streaming.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

My Cable company seems to use their internet connection for streaming TV shows from Cable.

I think Cable Companies still have a lot of money to buy all the good shows, and channels and make them exclusives to their cable company which forces people to subscribe to cable if they want to view a certain show, on demand movie, sport event, or channel.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

cable companies might be able to stick around, but they need to make all channels on demand and get rid of time slot showings.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Making all shows ondemand may cost more money for cable TV companies because TV networks like CBS, NBC, ABC, and movie studios would want more money from the Cable company if shows are available all the time. Even streaming video services like Netflix need to remove shows once their license for broadcasting a show or movie expires, and they don't pay money to renew their license to broadcast the show or movie on the internet anymore.

So far, only Bittorent allow people to download or stream shows with an app, and access tv shows and movies at any time as long as someone is seeding/uploading the shows for others to torrent or stream with an app because Cable TV, Netflix, and the creators of the videos decided to not host the videos anymore.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:Making all shows ondemand may cost more money for cable TV companies because TV networks like CBS, NBC, ABC, and movie studios would want more money from the Cable company if shows are available all the time. Even streaming video services like Netflix need to remove shows once their license for broadcasting a show or movie expires, and they don't pay money to renew their license to broadcast the show or movie on the internet anymore.

So far, only Bittorent allow people to download or stream shows with an app, and access tv shows and movies at any time as long as someone is seeding/uploading the shows for others to torrent or stream with an app because Cable TV, Netflix, and the creators of the videos decided to not host the videos anymore.
it will be the only way to make it work though, besides a great deal of people own DVR.