remove default songs?

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

remove default songs?

Post by Skeithex »

Anyone know how to remove default songs from a MP3 player? I had three when I got my zen and I used the delete option on the MP3 players to get rid of them but now are they still on their but I can't even find them when I bring up all the folders on my PC.

It's like there on the very RAM of the MP3 player and won't be deleted by anything.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: remove default songs?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Maybe they are on non-deletable memory which is locked, so you can't delete them.

Try another computer. Use an Apple or Linux computer to see if it can be deleted on an alternative operating system.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I can't see how using a different OS would bring up the locked music.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Using Linux or Apple Mac usually show hidden files which Windows hides in Windows because of Windows permissions and the file or folder is set to hidden in Windows by Windows or a user because Linux ignores Windows file permissions and hidden files, and show them as regular files.

A lot of hackers also use Linux, so there might be some hacks to see hidden files.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I wonder if you can't remove the songs because the owners paid to put them there?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Indeed, I think this is most likely the cause, but it might mean you pay less for the MP3 player because the song owner decided to pay a few dollars to have his song on every MP3 player which he paid to have his song on, so the MP3 maker can sell the player for less money.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

too bad the songs suck. But them being on a hidden folder is a good idea, I'll try searching out any hidden files.