End of standalone music devices?

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

End of standalone music devices?

Post by Skeithex »

Do you think the manufacturing of music playing only devices will end sometime soon? With phones and watches that can act as music players, is there a need for them?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: End of standalone music devices?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think standalone music devices will still be around for years to come because there are people who just want to listen to AM/FM Radio, MP3s, and other music/audio formats, and rather not use their smartphone or tablet. Portable battery powered AM/FM Radios are also useful for listening to the News during emergencies when there is an earthquake, tornado, or flooding since the electricity, and Internet, Cable TV, and other sources of information may not work after a earthquake, tornado, or flooding.

High quality Audio players like the Pono are popular with Music and Audio Fans who want the best audio quality. The Pono player raised 6.2 Million dollars on Kickstarter from 18,220 backers which proves there is still a lot of music listeners who just want a high quality music player.

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mG1bzeEGm4[/BBvideo]

There are also a lot of poor and cheap people like kids, teens, and young adults who can't afford a cell phone which can play MP3 players, and just want a cheap MP3 players which cost $5-20 or more when you buy cheaper brands like RCA and Polaroid.

Cheap MP3 players are also good gifts for people who you don't know very well instead of giving them a card, socks, or a cup as a gift.

The battery life on some MP3 players can last for many hours on a single charge, so the MP3 player is great for those who want very long battery life.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True as that may be, the quality music makers seem to be going out of business, creative made some really nice MP3 players and they don't make anymore and their last stock goes for hundreds of dollars.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Apple still makes the iPod Touch, Nano, and Shuffle which are higher quality music players. I bet, Apple will continue to sell iPods for many more years since Apple's most famous product is the iPod.

Sony, and Sandisk still makes MP3 players. Recently, Sony release a high audio quality MP3 player which cost hundreds of dollars.

I think Creative no longer sells MP3 players because they don't have a large amount of fans like Apple, and Sony where more people know their name.

A lot of people also buy cheaper MP3 players because the cheaper MP3 players are getting better where they have a lot more storage space, better sound, and a color screen,
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I haven't seen a cheap MP3 player that was good as a quality one and I wouldn't go apple since you have to use itunes or something like that right?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:I haven't seen a cheap MP3 player that was good as a quality one and I wouldn't go apple since you have to use itunes or something like that right?
I think you need to use an iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc to listen to music you bought on iTunes when you are not using your computer with iTunes installed on it. But, you can use an iPod without iTunes by using Windows explorer to copy MP3 files to the iPod.

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f8alwSJGuY[/BBvideo]

You can also use Winamp, and other media players which support iPod music transferring.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

sounds like a hassle compared to normal methods.