Japan Asks America to Stop Illegal Net Releases of Anime

Talk about your favouite Anime series here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Japan Asks America to Stop Illegal Net Releases of Anime

Post by froggyboy604 »

posted on 2007-10-23 15:28 EDT
Video-sharing sites, peer-to-peer file networks spotlighted.

The Japanese government issued a formal statement of requests to the government of the United States on regulatory reform and market competition policy on October 18, and included a request for the United States to help stop the unauthorized reproduction and distribution of Japanese animation online. Specifically, the formal statement mentions the spread of Japanese animation and other materials on video-sharing sites and peer-to-peer file-sharing networks.

According to Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the distribution of copyrighted materials in the United States has increasingly damaged the creative industries of Japan. Despite frequent requests to remove unauthorized material from sites with user-submitted videos, the ministry says the fundamental problem remains unresolved for the foreseeable future. The ministry also says that the high legal costs and complex procedures of copyright infringement cases against peer-to-peer file-sharing are issues.

Japanese copyright holders have been sending increasing numbers of requests to remove unauthorized material from video-sharing sites such as Google's YouTube, and anime is its own category in several sites — inside and outside the United States — that link to file-sharing networks such as BitTorrent. The issues in the statement of requests were discussed in the fourth Japan-U.S. Trade Forum meeting which was held on October 18 in Tokyo.

Source: animeanime.jp
Source: http://clounge.org/index.php?showtopic=1791

Atleast their not going after the downloaders and uploaders.
Oh Wise One
Junior

Post by Oh Wise One »

Unfortunately, this is like Napster and all the other music sites. It will continue happening. Illegal DVDs, music, and whatever else will always happen. There's just no way to stop it. :?
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Post by SetoTK »

Oh Wise One wrote:Unfortunately, this is like Napster and all the other music sites. It will continue happening. Illegal DVDs, music, and whatever else will always happen. There's just no way to stop it. :?
Yea there is a way to stop it, isps block every site except there own,

that would dent file sharing severely, and kill the internet, temporarily
I never really understood Thursdays.
Oh Wise One
Junior

Post by Oh Wise One »

SetoTK wrote:
Oh Wise One wrote:Unfortunately, this is like Napster and all the other music sites. It will continue happening. Illegal DVDs, music, and whatever else will always happen. There's just no way to stop it. :?

Then why does it keep happening? Why does the companies not do what you say to stop it? I just think there is too much to stop and that's why they sometimes just turn a blind eye. This is just my opinion. :wink:
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Oh Wise One wrote:
SetoTK wrote:

Then why does it keep happening? Why does the companies not do what you say to stop it? I just think there is too much to stop and that's why they sometimes just turn a blind eye. This is just my opinion. :wink:
Internet Service Provider like verizen, comcast, aol, etc probably lose most of their costumers if they block all sites like kazaa, bit torrent sites, and other file sharing sites since so many people watch and listen to pirated music and videos.

The Recording industry of America and Motion picture associtiation of america do earn a lot from lawsuits fines and settlements when they sue people. A women who lost a lawsuit against the RIAA have to pay a 2 million dollar fine for sharing 20 songs on kazaa. She's appealing the case, though. But, if she loses the appeal, she probably declare bankruptcy, pay less then 2 mill. to the RIAA, or become a fugitive from the law to avoid paying a cent to the RIAA. It's doubtful that she can pay off the 2 million dollars.

The Industry doesn't turn a blind eye. They just sue people who are unlucky enough to get caught for piracy by the cops.

RIAA and MPAA makes some of it's loses back from suing boot leggers, and file sharers who get caught.
Takeshi_K
12 Girls band.

Post by Takeshi_K »

Sucks, I wouldn't be watching anime if it wasn't for the internet.

I think they've been planning to do this for a long time, but they've just waited until anime reached max popularity and now they're saying that US should stop it.

So simple, they've been using fansubbers to gain anime fame. Not nice. Anyone agree with me?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree with you if it wasn't for fan subs i probably won't be introduce to a lot of anime like initial D, Dacapo, Detective academy Q, etc.