Do you feel an obligation to keep watching anime?

Talk about your favouite Anime series here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Do you feel an obligation to keep watching anime?

Post by Skeithex »

If you find the anime you are watching to be bad, do you feel you should stop watching it or keep watching it out of respect for the show creator's?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Do you feel an obligation to keep watching anime?

Post by froggyboy604 »

No, I usually don't feel obliged to finish watching the anime episode if it is bad. But, if I were watching anime at an Anime festival or convention, I probably watch the anime because it seems kind of rude to walk out when people are showing their anime.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I agree about watching it at the con, unless it was really bad which I have yet to see a really bad anime.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:I agree about watching it at the con, unless it was really bad which I have yet to see a really bad anime.
I think most anime at a con would be good, or at least watchable.

But, I may walk out after 30 minutes or longer if the anime was very bad to show my respect to the creators instead of just walking out after the first few minutes which seems disrespectful to the creator, and the fans of the anime in the audience.

It is also kind of disrespectful to walk out when a movie or film begins since a lot of people in the audience are trying to enjoy the beginning of the movie.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:I agree about watching it at the con, unless it was really bad which I have yet to see a really bad anime.
I think most anime at a con would be good, or at least watchable.

But, I may walk out after 30 minutes or longer if the anime was very bad to show my respect to the creators instead of just walking out after the first few minutes which seems disrespectful to the creator, and the fans of the anime in the audience.

It is also kind of disrespectful to walk out when a movie or film begins since a lot of people in the audience are trying to enjoy the beginning of the movie.
If you don't like it though, no reason to stick around. If you go to the movies, be ready to stand up.