what u think of Anime on north american TV networks?

Talk about your favouite Anime series here.
Dragon Master
12 Girls band.

Post by Dragon Master »

America destroy Animes. They give all Animes bad names. For example Naruto. Most of my friends think Naruto is a kids show when in Japan it is 14+ and I can't blame my friend for think that. The people who edit the Anime so the hero (The never show blood coming form the hero) will never get hurt but the bad guys will. Also they try to remove Japanese culture in the show (In one anime they called a Rice Ball a Meat Ball). Also the voices suck. Out of all Animes there only 3 better in English: Dragonball, Dragonball Z, and Death Note.
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

They don't air any anime except repeats of 90's series of Naruto and Pokémon in my country, and the dubbing is absolutely horrible.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

besides the few anime CN airs, the some [as] airs, and what sci-fi and chiller air on ani-monday. There isn't much dub anime around in the states. I expect it all to go online or DVD and not much of it will be aired on tv anymore.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I only get a small percentage of anime from YTV, Fox, and teletoon in Canada. Most of the anime are 1-3+ years older. I think most of the anime will be online, netflix, and dvd in the future. It is sad that western countries can't embrace Anime more.
Hikari

Post by Hikari »

I'm just depressed that my country doesn't air anime at all, except, like I said, 90's repeats of Naruto and Pokémon. That is literally all the anime there is. Plus, it's on at 6am on CBBC. I can not get up at 6am and have to suffer some of the typical rubbish on CBBC just to watch ancient series that I've seen at least ten times.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

This sounds like how my country is they play a lot of Pokemon, and Naruto on YTV. It is onin the early mornings or Mid night.

There are specialty anime channels, but they cost a lot. I rather just buy the DVD or watch it online.
Resurgence
MXP Ub€rness

Post by Resurgence »

I've seen a ton of animes in my part of the US. I thought they were ok.