Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel Intel wants to earn more money since the Intel i3 has a lot of buyers, so selling the i3 for a low price can make the i3 earn less money. It may also cause fewer people to buy a Pentium and Celeron.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

could be true, but less is more as they say.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel Intel may earn more money on selling cheap Celeron and Pentium CPUs than cheap i3 if the i3 ever become cheaper. The Celeron and Pentium maybe cheaper to make, and earn more money in profits. Both the Pentium and Celeron are older.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

They might lose customers who feel like they were ripped off for getting a machine that lasts 2 years instead of more.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel most people who felt Intel ripped them off already switched to AMD CPUs.

Intel still earn a lot of money selling CPUs like Celeron and Pentium which are found on Office and school computers, and cheap laptops and desktops found at stores like Wal-mart.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I never really used AMD processor enough to know how well they hold over time on a low end.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I still own a very old AMD Athlon 1700+ XP computer, and two AMD laptop. The last time I turned them both ON a few months ago, they still work. I think their performance is similar to Intel CPUs which have similar performance and prices.

I think AMD is not affected by Intel Meltdown and Spectre security vulnerabilities, so AMD is more safe to use. Intel CPUs also can slowdown a lot after you install the security update for Spectre and Meltdown.