do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:Ahh yes they do that, but I've been hearing they been pulling back on that.
I'm guesing the licensing fees are not very worth it for the ISP because few people actually download and install the antivirus to their PC, Most people who buy a computer made by HP, Dell, and other big brand may already have a subscription of McAfee, Norton, and other antivirus which come with their PC, or a store sold them an AV.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:Ahh yes they do that, but I've been hearing they been pulling back on that.
I'm guesing the licensing fees are not very worth it for the ISP because few people actually download and install the antivirus to their PC, Most people who buy a computer made by HP, Dell, and other big brand may already have a subscription of McAfee, Norton, and other antivirus which come with their PC, or a store sold them an AV.
I've dealt with people who don't get it, most come back with a badly infected PC.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:
I've dealt with people who don't get it, most come back with a badly infected PC.
Maybe ISP providing bundled paid antivirus like McAfee or Norton antivirus and other security software is a good idea instead of users using Windows Defender and Windows Firewall which are built-into Windows.

Windows Defender and Firewall sometimes not work well at protecting users from Ransomware, spyware, malware, and wannacry malware which infected many Windows PC.

Some Windows XP, Vista, 7, etc maybe using a discontinued Windows antivirus like Microsoft Security Essentials, and older Windows Defender for Wundows XP.

At least, the bundled antivirus with ISP are still being updated by McAfee or Norton.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

its better than nothing and I'm sure its a way for the ISP to say they at least try to protect you, as some users don't get it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:its better than nothing and I'm sure its a way for the ISP to say they at least try to protect you, as some users don't get it.
I think ISP bundled antivirus maybe good enough for most users who just browse the web, use social networking apps, e-mail, and play games online. At least, users who use the ISP's bundled antivirus are less likely to buy scam antivirus which is sold on a scammers website or malware infected ads and website. There are also virus programs which looks like an antivirus to infect people's PC.

I think ISP bundled antivirus like McAfee and Norton becoming less popular because of more people only using Windows Defender and free antivirus like Avast and AVG can make McAfee and Norton slightly better because fewer virus makers may not take the time to make a virusus which can trick McAfee and Norton into letting the virus install a virus onto a computer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

yeah people just don't want to put money into security, can't say I blame them, but if you buy something you got to put money into protecting it or it will cost you more.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some people who got scammed or know someone who got scammed by a fake software maker like a fake antivirus company or fake system utility program are less likely to buy any paid antivirus because they think they will be scammed again by another scammer. Plus, the customer service with some paid software is not good where you need to wait a longtime for someone to help you with a problem.