Ransomware

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Ransomware

Post by Skeithex »

Do you often get hit with Ransomware messages or know people who and unfortunately call the number displayed on the pop up?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Ransomware

Post by froggyboy604 »

I never got a ransomware from a website. But, I feel I may occassionally get Ransomware e-mails from spammers who send me spam, so I dont open spam.

I havent known anyone who got their PC infected with Ransomware.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I deal with people all the time who bring in their laptops, opening up to blaring messages to call a number. Most are smart, some aren't and call the number.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Are there many people who bring in a tower desktop PC to clean up Ransomware?
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:Are there many people who bring in a tower desktop PC to clean up Ransomware?
just at my location alone, I say 8-12 people a week.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: just at my location alone, I say 8-12 people a week.
Do you get many ransomware infections from users with faster desktop tower PC with a faster CPU, and more RAM like 8GB. I feel some users who buy a PC with a CPU like Intel i7 to i9, and 8GB of RAM may more likely know how to prevent ransomware.

But, sometimes any user can get unlucky and end up getting ransomware by accidentally getting tricked to download ransomware from a link, or a phone call from a ransomware scammer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: just at my location alone, I say 8-12 people a week.
Do you get many ransomware infections from users with faster desktop tower PC with a faster CPU, and more RAM like 8GB. I feel some users who buy a PC with a CPU like Intel i7 to i9, and 8GB of RAM may more likely know how to prevent ransomware.

But, sometimes any user can get unlucky and end up getting ransomware by accidentally getting tricked to download ransomware from a link, or a phone call from a ransomware scammer.
it ranges, most are on i5s are we really push the middle section of processor. Though some will come in wanting i7 though they will never need that much power.