When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:
people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.
I did not have a lot of problems with 8 except for the startmenu/startscreen.

It is too bad that Windows 7 will be discontinue, and won't be as usable.

I think some Windows 7 users may try out Ubuntu Linux on their old PC until buying Windows 10.
the more advance users may head over to linux, bu the general home user will not, specially since most don't even know how to fully use W7 or W10.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: the more advance users may head over to linux, bu the general home user will not, specially since most don't even know how to fully use W7 or W10.
Some poor Windows 7 and 8 users with more free time may try to learn Linux to see if they can use Linux before thinking about buying Windows 10 which can be expensive for poor people. I think if you mainly use software like Google Chrome, Firefox, video and music players, and Word Processors, Ubuntu Linux can be a good free alternative OS to Windows and Apple computer OS.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

trust me, unless linux came with a GUI, no one would be able to work the command prompt part of linux.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I remember that older people used MS-DOS before Windows was invented. I think if they are willing to learn Linux command lines, they maybe able to learn it.

But, I feel very little people want to take the time to learn Linux command lines which may take many years to learn.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

that was back in the day when computers weren't exactly a house hold item yet, back then you were lucky to own one.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think many office workers, teachers, students, and average people may of took school courses on MS-DOS, so they are more likely to get hired after a job interview for a job that requires basic MS-DOS skills like opening a text file in a MS-DOS text editor, and printing documents from a word processor installed in MS-DOS.

MS-DOS also had good games, so some people may saved up their money to buy a computer to learn how to play games in MS-DOS.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've been in the computer school system since 2005, from high school to two different colleges, MS dos was talked about but no class was around focused on it.