Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

I've serviced a few, sadly they don't seem to be made anymore but would be nice if AV came with such a feature.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think AV disabling the internet on infected devices may prevent other computers from getting infected.

I feel using a USB ethernet adapter on USB hub with on/off switches on each port would make it easy for most people to turn off the network port by pressing on a button.

I remember I owned an old cable modem with an off switch which is used to protect a computer when not in use, and to save electricity.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That would be nice, all modems I see these days have to be unpluged to be turned off which I should do more for security.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It would be nice if modems have a hibernate mode, so they start-up faster even if there is a power outage.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Having an eternal battery would be better for modems, specially since it would allow AVs to stay updated.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It would be cool if modems can be powered by a few AA or D sized batteries, or a USB external battery, so people can still use the internet to update their antivirus.

Older laptops and desktop computers had 56K modems, so it can be possible to use the internet as long as the battery does not run out on your computer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I do remember those being built in, much like annoying default AVs. We need more battery back up stuff these days.