Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

Not sure when password protected files became a thing but I'm sure AVs weren't ready for it at the end.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think old antivirus may of just perform simple scans to prevent viruses from .exe files.

I think password protected files were popular when Winzip was popular, and people use .zip compress folders to send many files by e-mail or store on floppy drives and CD-R discs, and the password for the zip folder prevent most robbers from viewing your private data like a list of username and passwords for computer user accounts.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I bought and lost my key to winzip, regretted it since you could always get 7zip.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I visited the Winzip website. On the website, Winzip is now selling a system utility program called "Ultimate PC Care" which maintains windows, and also have an antimalware, privacy protector, and Install protector.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Sounds like a cheap package to remain in bussiness, those all in ones don't work too well.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

All-In-One packages maybe safer to use than using many software titles to maintain and secure most people's computer. A lot of people may accidentally download trojan horse virus, malware, and outdated obsolete software which does not work good enough at keeping their computer running well.

I wonder if Winzip's all-in-one antimalware which is better or as good as Norton, McAfee, and other antivirus software which come from HP, Dell, and Lenovo PCs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, all in one plays nicer, but still may not do well if it gets corrupted and unable to fix itself.