Purchasing parts

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Purchasing parts

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some older bigger size scanners may no longer work for Windows 10 or 11 because the Scanner maker never release a hardware driver for Windows 10 or 11.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, some don't get driver updates, leading them to become paper weights.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some smaller scanner makers may not be able to afford a driver software programmers which may expect to get paid a lot of money for many hours of work. It may also be too complicated to make software drivers for Windows 10 or 11 without spending a lot of time re-writing the driver to work for Windows 10 or 11.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, it's hard making updates to drivers with windows constantly updating.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I imagine cheaper scanner makers may cause some more expensive and higher quality scanner makers to earn less money if most people buy cheap scanners.

Some older scanner makers may no longer earn enough money to hire a programmer to rewrite their driver to work for newer version of Windows if the company is bankrupt or close to bankupt in the next few years.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, cheaper to hire to programmer to write a new one and get people to buy new machines.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel OS makers may purposely block older hardware drivers from running to stop viruses, malware, and hackers from running sort of like how a lot of older CPUs no longer work for Windows 11 because they don't have a TPM 2.0 chip.