Best monitor?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Best monitor?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I thought a lot of monitors still have external power bricks. But, I got a feeling in the future, most monitors may add the power supply inside the monitor's back to save money and space. Monitors may also get power from the USB-C port like PC webcams.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Haven't seen any with a brick, just a thick power cable.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I bet, monitor makers save a few dollars by installing the power supply inside the monitors case because they won't need to use as much plastic to make the power adapter case. They may also save a few dollars on shipping because an external power brick maybe a little heavier than an internal power brick.

Hopefully, more monitors in the future can run off a USB-C power brick like some more newer laptops which use USB-C for power/charging, so people can replace the power cord and charger/power brick when it breaks.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That would be nice, but then you have to worry about the right voltage.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

This is true, some USB bricks may not have enough voltage to power more power hungry devices. I feel adding a battery to a monitor which the USB charger will charge may help with voltage since the monitor will be running off a battery which is being charge, and the battery always output the same voltage.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That would help, but really make monitors too much to buy.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree it may cost too much for some buyers. It would be nice to have a battery powered monitor which you can charge with a USB charger, and use for an hour or more when there is a power outage.