Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:There are most likely some custom built Pentium tower computers with more colorful cases, fans with colorful lights and a clear plastic window. You can buy a used or more affordable Gaming PC case for $50 on eBay and Craigslist.
I'm sure as well, but I doubt any money stuck into them wouldn't last long as Pentiums wear out pretty quickly compared to the i series.
I think the Pentium could last longer in a better looking PC case with a plastic clear window, and more fans.

Some people may mainly care about the look of their computer, and mainly use their PC for basic tasks like homework, office work, watching online video, and blogging. A Pentium CPU may last many years when doing mainly bask tasks until they replace their PC because it is too old and slow.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

No, I've seen Pentiums years later, only way they can still work if the storage is SSD.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I read on blogs Intel Spectre and Meltdown security software and firmware fixes updates made Intel CPU slower, so I feel the updates will slowdown older Pentiums where it is very noticeable. I feel Windows Updates sometimes can make computers slower as MS add more updates and features to Windows.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That doesn't help, plus weekly software updates really do bog down a machine pretty heavily.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Sometimes updates for software like web browser can make a computer feel slower after installung the update.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

it always does, though with the sickness going on Pentiums might be the only thing people can buy with machine parts coming to a grinding halt.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I heard a lot of peoplee are now forced working from home or taking online classes because of the Coronavirus higher cgances of infection.

I feel there will be people who are stuck working at home, and will be using an older computer with a Intel Pentium, Celeron, or Atom CPU if they are can't afford or buy a better PC.

Some people may also be stuck using or buying a slower Google Chromebook because all the regular Windows PC and Apple computers are sold out, and the Coronavirus has shutdown shipping and postal companies, so there will be no more PC shipments until the Coronavirus is under control. Chromebooks may also be sold out locally at some towns and countries if the Coronavirus gets worst, and the towns' and country's are shutdown, so some people maybe stuck using a smartphone or tablet for work...