Will you use a desktop?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Will you use a desktop?

Post by Skeithex »

How long into the future do you see yourself or anyone really, using a desktop PC?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Will you use a desktop?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think I will always own a desktop PC until the end of my life. I'm not interested typing on a laptop keyboard for many hours, and a touchscreen keyboards are not good for typing more than a few words. There are also many PC games which I still haven't played, so I think I be playing PC games until I become too old and slow to play games like shooters, action RPGs, and action games with a keyboard and mouse.

There are All-in-one PCs and mini desktop computers for people who want a small desktop PC, and use a larger monitor instead of a smaller screen on a laptop or tablet.

There will still be many people who use a desktop PC or super computer to use for high performance tasks like Cryptocurrency/Bitcoin mining where you can earn money by running Cryptocurrency mining software on a computer. Most people can't afford super computers, so a desktop PC is the most affordable fast computer which more people can use for high performance computer tasks like Cryptocurrency mining, PC Gaming, computer simulations, video editing, PC game streaming, and graphic design.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

ditto, I'll always use a desktop since I like a more stationary/powerful setup. Not to mention its hard using a laptop without some kind of bad body posture.

Plus All in Ones are so compact, the usb placement on them is in a bad place.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I always prefer Desktop computers since they are easier to fix and upgrade. Most of the time I just need to use basic tools like a screwdriver to perform most repair tasks. I saw on the news that smartphones, tablets, and laptops are causing people to have hand, finger, back and posture body problems. One of the good things about desktop PCs is that they are less likely to explode like laptops, smartphones, and tablets which sometimes suffer from battery explosion problems. The batteries also cost a lot to replace, and require you to open the case to install a new battery.

I feel many robbers are less likely to steal a large Desktop PC because it is heavy and big, or you can lock your desktop PC in a computer desk with a locked shelf or chain it to the desk to prevent computer theft.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I agree about it easier to fix, to pray open any modern day laptop is not even worth it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think hiring a computer technician to fix a $200 laptop may cost more than buying a new laptop because a lot of computer repair stores have expensive prices for computer repairs.

But, with a desktop PC, you can easily install a new video card, sound card, RAM, and hard drive in 30 minutes or less if you know what you are doing.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I think hiring a computer technician to fix a $200 laptop may cost more than buying a new laptop because a lot of computer repair stores have expensive prices for computer repairs.

But, with a desktop PC, you can easily install a new video card, sound card, RAM, and hard drive in 30 minutes or less if you know what you are doing.
it depends on the pc, if its a old one it might be worth keeping around versus newer ones which seem disposable.