Business Made PCs

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Business Made PCs

Post by Skeithex »

So apparently, if you know where to look on ebay, amazon and other resell sites, you can buy business made PCs, which are usually higher grade than market based PCs for far cheaper prices. Has anyone here ever done this before?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Business Made PCs

Post by froggyboy604 »

No, I have not bought Business made PC. I feel a custom built PC is still the best deal, and have higher quality because you can pick the most reliable parts which you can afford.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:No, I have not bought Business made PC. I feel a custom built PC is still the best deal, and have higher quality because you can pick the most reliable parts which you can afford.
Not really, granted you are buying them used but they offer more than custom builds. Such things as actual metal body, every type of port you can think of along with a bay that slides the HDD/SSD in and out of ease. Good luck finding a custom build with that for 400-600 bucks.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I prefer being able to read the individual reviews for each computer part like the RAM, CPU, motherboard, hard drive, and video card, and pick the parts with the highest reviews. I think one of the advantages of custom builts is that you can pick your own parts with the best reviews.

But, when you buy any pre-built computer where you can't pick all your own parts, you risk getting lower quality parts which may break sooner.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

true, but you can find better deals on these used ones for parts at least, most of them usually run i7 pro cpus which are very high end.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there should be a lot of good deals on Intel CPU based computers because some Intel users are afraid will get hacked because of the Intel Meltdown and Spectre security vulnerability bugs. Some users may of switched to AMD because they don't want to risk getting hacked because of Intel Meltdown and Spectre security problems.

For beginners, it can be hard to Install the Intel patches for Intel Meltdown and Spectre.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

can be, but there usually are a lot of places you can go to for help. Though it would be nice to throw in a high end CPU and not get the extra stuff that usually just make up a gaming rig.