Business Made PCs

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Business Made PCs

Post by froggyboy604 »

Do regular offline electronics stores sell Business PC? I mostly see either regular and gaming PCs at electronic stores and department stores like Walmart.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

From what I understand you have to contact the manufacture like Dell directly to work out a deal. Depending on the deal, you would either ship the equipment back when done or just sell it off.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I can see how some people being too lazy to phone up a manufacture to buy a PC, and choose to buy a PC, laptop, or tablet from a store like Walmart or Target when they also buy groceries and other household items like lightbulbs and soap.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I can see how some people being too lazy to phone up a manufacture to buy a PC, and choose to buy a PC, laptop, or tablet from a store like Walmart or Target when they also buy groceries and other household items like lightbulbs and soap.
you be surprised, had a person phone my work place wanting to do their PC shopping over the phone.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Dell used to have TV ads which tell people to buy a PC over the phone. I think using a landline phone to buy things can be safer than the internet because there is no chance of spyware or a hacker getting your login name and password, and credit card number when you use a landline phone. There are also some users who mainly use checks , money orders, and cash to pay for more expensive things like PC, so they can use the mail to send in their money instead of a credit card. Most banks also can use the banking network to send money to other bank accounts, so PC buyers can always send money with their bank.

Some people also dont have the time to travel many miles to a store to buy a PC, and their current PC or internet service is broken, so they can't order a PC online.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

one good reason why stores will never vanish, we always need a quick buy.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree stores will always get buyers from people who need a computer quickly since laptops and tablets can randomly get stolen, or break when people drop them or they get damaged from fire and water.

But, people are buying more of their stuff including electronics and computers from big stores like Costco, Walmart, and Target instead of smaller computer stores which seem to be less popular these days.