My speaker died

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

My speaker died

Post by Skeithex »

Nothing like waking up to find your best music speaker for your PC dead. I use Creative's Sound Blast Roar 2 for my laptop, works pretty good but nothing sucks to now be stuck on laptop speakers for a few days. From what I can tell the battery is dead and the cable doesn't seem good enough to keep it going with plugged in power.

Funny thing is I was thinking the other day I should start looking into a backup. Jinxed myself...
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: My speaker died

Post by froggyboy604 »

That is unfortunate that the battery is dead and the speaker does not work when plugged into the power. I wonder if there are online tutorials on turning battery powered the speaker into a wired speaker, or replacing the battery like laptops.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

not sure, but it looks incredibly hard to take apart.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I know some electronic companies use glue and weird screws to keep users out of their stuff.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I know some electronic companies use glue and weird screws to keep users out of their stuff.
the weird screws are always a pain. Had a couple the other day wanting their HDD wiped, but we couldn't get into the case because it was specially locked with something I've never seen.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I seen some computers with a weird hard drive locking device.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

haven't seen one with a hard drive locked into place, though compact towers make them terribly hard to get at.