Chrome attracts spyware?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Chrome attracts spyware?

Post by Skeithex »

I often run a program called Super Anti Spysweeper, to you know clean up spyware and unwanted cookies and such. Mostly it rarely picks anything up while I use waterfox but on the few times I happen to use chrome, the amount of spyware on my PC can be anywhere from 10 things found to 200 and I pretty much visit the same sites on both browsers.

Kind of crazy.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Chrome attracts spyware?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think fewer spyware makers and tracking cookies have a version of their spyware or cookies for Waterfox and Firefox because Firefox is used on 5 % of the world's computers according to http://gs.statcounter.com/

But, a lot of people now use Chrome which is used on 59 % of computers in the world . A lot of people also now own a Google Android phone/tablet, and Chromebook which uses Chrome as the default web browser. Spyware makers may feel it is worth more of their time to infect Chrome users.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

hrmm good points, glad I use waterfox. I also see an increase usage of the Brave browser.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Brave Browser is bases on Chromium, but it has privacy protection features like blockers for ad and tracking cookies .
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:Brave Browser is bases on Chromium, but it has privacy protection features like blockers for ad and tracking cookies .
oh so its based on chrome? Did not know that. kind of surprised they base it on that.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Chrome is based on Chromium which is open source free software. Brave and Chrome are web browsers which is based on Chromium. I think the main difference with Chrome is that only Google is allowed to change Chrome. But, Chromium lets Google and volunteers change the code.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

So chromium must be open sourced in order for people to make Brave from?