Learn networking

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Learn networking

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: I think if they were able to do that, there is nothing a person can do but not have a phone.
This is true. I think some robbers may remove the old storage chip to install a bigger storage chip like 128GB chip, so they can sell it for more money compared to selling a used phone with a 16GB storage chip which maybe harder to sell at a high price to used phone buyers.

Robbers may eventually try to use a PC and data hacking programs to read the old chips data to look for banking data, passwords, and other info.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

and that's why you smash that stuff beyond usability so it can't be read.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Smashing stuff will work at protecting your data. But, it is not a good option if you want to earn money by selling used storage devices like a SSD drive or USB hard drive to get back some of your money.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

not worth the risk, people can extract data even if you completely wipe the drive.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I saw on TV that it is difficult to extract data on an a storage drive which uses encryption, and a very long password. If a drive been wiped many times like 10 times, it maybe difficult for most people to extract data from a drive which has strong encryption and has been wiped many times.

Maybe it is best just to keep using your old storage devices at home until the storage device breaks, and the users smashes the broken drives.

If the storage chip is on a phone, it maybe best to install a new storage chip before selling the phone, and keep the old storage chip as a spare storage chip if you ever need a replacement storage chip to repair a phone, or install the storage chip on a USB circuit board, and use it as a USB flash drive.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

True, using the old one is the best but when done I say smash it.