Discontinue pentium?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Discontinue pentium?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think non-HD videos can be played on slower computers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Those can, as long as they don't require too much time buffering.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think most last generation game consoles like the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 can play video files stored on a USB drive. If your computer is too slow to play offline video files, using a game console to play video files can be a good idea.

The $35 dollar Raspberry Pi computer can play HD video files from a USB drive or SD card installed in the Raspberry Pi, and stream videos from a server, and Internet video sites like YouTube.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I think most last generation game consoles like the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 can play video files stored on a USB drive. If your computer is too slow to play offline video files, using a game console to play video files can be a good idea.

The $35 dollar Raspberry Pi computer can play HD video files from a USB drive or SD card installed in the Raspberry Pi, and stream videos from a server, and Internet video sites like YouTube.
The PS3 was very hard in getting media to play as it had to be in a very specific format, for the PS4, its a bit hard getting bulky USBs into its usb area slots.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, the PS5 is better for playing video, and has easier to plug-in usb ports for bulky USB plugs.

A lot of people have Smart TVs or a TV device like a Roku, Smart TV, Android TV device, etc which can stream video files from a desktop computer, or internet, so game consoles maybe less used for watching video filed.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

both next gen consoles looks like they will play games without an issue.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel both next gen will play games, and 4K videos without slowdown problems. I think they both may not have over heating problems because the cooling fans and metal heatsinks are big.